As of yesterday, I hit my 500th follower on my Twitter! In honor of such milestones, I thought I would finally utilize the open-ended nomination that Anxiety and Liz so graciously offered for this Vogue 73 entry. This post is meant to be a parody of the 73 questions Vogue asks celebrities. I don’t have a lot of exclusive blogger friends and Liz was nominated already so I am going to go ahead and offer the same open-ended invite to any blogger who wants to participate. I had a great time getting to know Liz and I hope you all enjoy a few questions answered from me.
Without further ado, here we go:
1. What’s your usual Starbucks order?
It varies. Iced caramel coffee or latte. Depends on how tired I am.
2. What does your workstation look like?
Workstation at my day job is shockingly organized. I’m a bit on the messy side at home so the comparison is somewhat amusing.
3. Favourite food?
Anything with properly seasoned vegetables and I really love scallops.
4. Favourite author?
I can name way too many in terms of the classics. I’m a big fan of Edgar Allen Poe if we have to choose. But, my favorite author lately is my friend Kimberly Amato.
5. What do you think of open relationships?
I’m not a fan of sharing. I believe romantic relationships should be monogamous. However, no judgment to anyone who’s in one. What works for some, may not work for all.
6. What is your favourite video game?
Tied between Sonic the Hedgehog, Crash Bandicoot, and Resident Evil 1 & 5. I can’t pick.
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
A night with the house to myself and take out of my choosing. It’s a rarity it happens but when it does, I love it.
8. Favourite movie?
A League of Their Own.
9. Favourite book?
The Outsiders, Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, and way too many autobiographies to list.
10. Twitter or Instagram?
Twitter because of the networking I’ve been able to do. Instagram is more for fun.
11. Desktop or laptop?
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
Worry about the things you have the power to change. I try daily to focus on that and not stress myself over things out of my control.
13. What project are you working on right now?
My novel outline for a character I’ve been writing for the span of a decade and breathing some life back into this blog.
14. Favourite colour?
Red, it reminds me of my personality.
15. Did you get good grades in school?
Yes, but it didn’t come naturally for sure!
16. Dream job?
17. Play any sports?
Not as an adult, no. But, as a kid I was into all kinds of sports. Basketball and Softball being my favorite.
18. Do you have a degree?
Sadly, no. But, someday I’ll finish it.
Mixed – I am American. However, I have ancestry in Italy, Ireland, Scotland, and Germany.
20. What’s your favourite kind of blog post?
I like reading about people’s daily routines and life.
21. What do you like to collect?
Funko Pops, Wrestling T-Shirts, and bags.
22. Describe yourself in 3 words
Determined, Easy-Going, and Loyal.
23. If you were a rapper, what would your stage name be?
Big J cause why not?
24. Who was the last person you DM’d?
25. What’s on top of your wish list right now?
A vacation. I am very excited to plan our honeymoon.
26. Sorting house?
Hufflepuff. I’m not a Harry Potter fan, but this is what I’ve been told.
27. How many tattoos do you have?
1. I had a touch of rebellion at 18.
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
The ability to continue to learn about myself and practice self-acceptance despite my anxiety. Also, I am grateful for the relationships in my life. They are forever growing and evolving and I love that.
29. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you this month?
Downtime. I’ve been able to spend my weekends mostly chaos free.
30. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you today?
I had a relatively pleasant commute.
31. What’s the best thing ever?
Relaxation with family and friends.
32. Favourite season?
Fall is my favorite. There’s still sunshine but it’s a cozy sunshine.
33. Favourite holiday?
Thanksgiving. It’s the time my family and I are guaranteed to get together with little to no chaos ensued.
34. What fictional character do you relate to the most?
Ogie from the musical Waitress.
35. Do you like surprises?
Depends on who’s surprising me.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever had?
Our proposal in Disney World.
37. Which surprise made you cry?
Can’t say any of them have.
38. What’s the best surprise you’ve given someone else?
I threw a surprise get together for one of my fiancée’s birthdays and she didn’t expect anyone to come.
39. Do you like muffins?
Tops only. Bottom is too much for me.
40. Do you cook often?
I am lucky enough to have a partner who cooks for us because I get home late.
41. What’s your favourite dessert?
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Not a fan of flaky desserts.
43. Cake or pie?
44. What’s your least favourite food?
I really can’t think of one. There’s foods I don’t care for but if I don’t like it I’m not eating it.
45. What’s your favourite condiment?
46. It’s 4am on a random Saturday. What are you eating?
Nothing. Hopefully, I’m asleep or having a coffee if I have to be up.
47. If you could teach a college class what would it be called?
Life hacks for NYC
48. Best animated film?
I can’t choose. It’s a tie between Beauty and the Beast and Wreck It Ralph.
49. What has a guy said or done to impress you?
A nice dinner in Manhattan and a Broadway show. My ex was okay sometimes.
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
Not forget where the door handle is. Tried for the kiss and got rejected.
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
See above. Haha
52. What’s the best pick up line?
Nothing. Genuineness is key.
53. Best comic book character?
Wonderwoman, Deadpool, Batman, and Aquaman.
54. Name three things that can always be found in your purse.
Hand sanitizer, chap stick, and headphones
55. Favourite drink?
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie, who would it be?Eleanor Roosevelt
57. Kittens or puppies?
58. Favourite sushi roll?
Sweet Potato. Not much into raw fish but they have lots of veggie options.
59. What lipstick do you use?
Not a lipstick person but when I wear it, I like deep reds.
60. What foundation do you use?
Facial moisturizer. I’m very plain.
61. Blow dry or air dry?
62. Who is your fashion icon?
I have a few looks I really like but I’m not going to say I have an icon.
63. Favourite Disney character?
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
I can’t remember.
66. Movie that made you cry?
The Last 5 Years is my go to crying movie.
67. If you could sing a duet with anybody, who would you choose?
My fiancée. Girl could sing and I wouldn’t have to be super nervous because we’re in loooove.
68. If your life was a song, what would the title be?
Pick yourself up and try again.
69. What’s your favourite animal?
PUPPIES or dogs of any kind really.
70. Favourite illustrator?
I can’t choose because I’m so easily woo’ed by art.
71. Person you’d like to have coffee with?
Michelle Obama. I have so many questions for her.
72. What country would you like to visit?
Anywhere in Europe.
73. Best way to decompress?
Netflix binge and a cuddle.