I participated in this movement last year, thanks to my favorite blog, Tales from the Motherland, and loved every second of this exercise. The internet spends far too much time on the negativity of the world news around us, the negativity of social interaction, and just distasteful opinions in general. It becomes so rare to see people coming together for a movement to spread joy and gratitude. 2016 was a very exciting year for me personally and I am happy to join this movement and reflect on all of the experiences and little things that keep me going, that I would be absolutely lost without.
To join this movement, please refer to the link below along with the brief instructions. I hope that the internet is able to be overrun by as many positive outlooks as possible versus the regular brutality of the virtual world.
To join us for this project: 1) Write your post and publish it (please copy and paste the instructions from this post, into yours) 2) Please include a link to this/Dawn’s post 3) Click on the blue frog at the very bottom of this post. 4) That will take you to another window, where you can past the URL to your post. (folks have trouble with this, but it’s not that hard. 5) Follow the prompts, and your post will be added to the Blog Party List.(If you have problems, contact me and I’ll help).
A direct link to Dawn’s entry: https://talesfromthemotherland.me/2016/12/18/50-happy-things-bloggers-unite/
And now, without further ado, my list for 2016:
- Being able to attend Disney World after six years. The trip was once in a lifetime and it resulted in getting engaged to my long-time girlfriend at the Happiest Place on Earth, a moment we will remember forever.
- Family – Despite ups and downs and growing experiences, I am so grateful to have a fresh perspective on my immediate family. Living apart has been hard but it has been eye-opening. Time together is no longer an obligation but a privilege I cherish and refuse to take for granted.
- My job – Everyone has little beefs with their place of work. There is no such thing as perfection in any aspect of life. I’m no different to this, but I am very grateful for the fact that I have a steady paycheck and am able to keep the lights on, the gas running and the cable going without the help or assistance of anyone. It is a very satisfying feeling to be able to take care of a household.
- My dog – Even though I don’t live with this precious furry being, I am so glad he is in my life in some capacity. The love of an animal is unconditional and I am so blessed to have one being in my life who will love me without any condition. To me, he is perfect in every way.
- My Mother – My sounding board, my anxiety reliever, my heart. No one understands me like you do and I’m so glad we have grown so much closer in recent years. You make me laugh like no one else does and you make a helluva lot more sense the older I get. I will happily say you were right about most of the things in my life.
- WordPress – This community has given me so much. I have been exposed to artistic vision, candid commentary on life, people to vent to, and express myself to. I have never remained consistent in blogs and I finally found a home in this one.
- TV – Trivial but mind numbing. A few hours a night of the ability to just relax and focus on something other than the daily stresses of the world.
- My in-laws – You created a being to love me. She comes in a minion shaped package with a very warped mind but without her, I wouldn’t exist. I appreciate that.
- Facetime (In all forms) – I love being able to see my family and friends with the click of button. Being so far doesn’t always have to suck.
- Friendship – I don’t have many friends but the few I do, I love fiercely. All of you contribute to my heart in some way. Thank you for the memories and the future ones we will make along the way.
- Traveling – I love doing it, after my experience at Disney and Hershey Park, and trips to my parents’ house I want to do more. Some of the best adventures I have had to date are by my girlfriend’s side exploring a new place.
- Writing – It has been my outlet since I could spell. I have always been better expressing myself through written word so without it I would be very misunderstood.
- Instagram – It seems so silly to think about but seeing the world through other people’s camera lenses can provide a lot perspective to your own; be it a review for a potential vacation, an escape from where you are now, or a Corgi to obsess over. It is a blessing for me to be able to see inside other’s hearts and personalities through photography.
- Dance – Whether I’m involved in it directly or not, I will always take solace in the stories told through movement. I will forever be a dance enthusiast.
- Vegetables – breakfast, lunch or dinner – It is quickly becoming my favorite food.
Unfortunately, didn’t make the 50 mark to be featured on the list of bloggers but I am happy to present my contribution and ask all of you, what are you most grateful for? What are some of the good things you can focus on as we exit 2016 and begin again?